How our search system works.
You can add some default search fields from WP Admin Dashboard -> Ads Listing System -> Listing settings -> Search settings
Here you can turn options ON/OFF, Set the width. And these will affect on archive form as well.
- Search Form Style
- Search Form Box Padding
- Search Category Icon Type
- Input Field Border Radius
- Button Border Radius
- Search Form Fields Border Width
- Search Form Button Border Width
- Search Form Fields Height
- Search Style 3 Margin Top
- Search Form Button Icon
- Search Form Keyword-field Width
- Search Form Listing Types Width
- Search Form Location Field Width
- Search Form Radius Width
- Search Form Button Width
- Search Form Button Margin Top
- Gap between Search Fields
- Display search block in main part of page?
- Advanced search always opened on archive pages
- Turn On Advanced Open by Default in sidebar Widget
- Show “What search” section?
- Ajax Key-word Search?
- Example Search Key-words
- Show keywords search?
- Show locations search?
- Show Location Search Level
- Show address search?
- Show listings counts in locations search drop-boxes?
- Show categories search
- Show Category Search Level
- Show listings counts in categories search drop-boxes?
- Hide empty categories in search Form?
- Show Listing Type search
- Show Listing Type Search Level
- Show listings counts in listing type search dropbox?
- Hide empty Listing Types in search Form?
- Show Default fields Label?
- Show locations radius search?
- Show locations radius Tooltip Rather than the label?
- Dimension in radius search
- Minimum radius search
- Maximum radius search
- Default radius search
Secondly, You can add content fields for Search form Go to WP Admin -> Ads Listing system -> Content fields
Every content field has options to add this content field in the search form and advance as well.
Custom form is which you have in the pages like the home page. an element “Search Form” available in the shortcodes. If you add this element on any page. that search will be a custom search and will work globally. This means whatever you will add in this form will affect all the custom search forms.
Archive form is which you can see when you hit a search on the home page and it gives you a result page along with search. This search form called. Archive search.
The search form you can see in the sidebar or in the footer are called Widget form. as these can be active from WP > Appearance > widgets
In every content field, You have options to add this content field into the advance search form. If you select the box for advance then it will show only when you open the advanced search or if you have selective category. You will click on the category the related content fields will be open in the advance section.