WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances installing WordPress is a very simple process and takes less than five minutes to complete. Many web hosts now offer tools (e.g. Bluehost, mediatemple) to automatically install WordPress for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, click below button to read about Famous 5 Minute Installation.
5 Minute Installation Guide
Alternatively, you may be interested in the below topics:
- Things to Know Before You Begin Installing WordPress
- The Famous 5-Minute Installation
- Detailed Installation Instructions
- Common Installation Problems
- WordPress in Your Language
- Installing WordPress in Your Language
- How to Install Multiple Blogs
- How to Install on Your Own Computer
- Easy 5 Minute WordPress Installation on Windows
- How to Install with Amazon’s Web Services (AWS)
- Getting Started with WordPress (much more installation info)
Please note that we do not give support or any questions related to how to install and maintain WordPress. For any faulty installation that may cause your website or our theme malfunction, you should refer to the WordPress support forum. Alternatively, you can get help from your web hosting.
Once you download The classiads Theme, unzip the main package (Theme Forest-8625840-classiads-classified-ads-WordPress-theme). You can see classiads-classified-ads-wordpress-theme-*version-digits*) folder go into it. There should be complete two versions “Classiads-deprecated” which is our old version which we only contain for the old users, Who don’t wanna move to the pro version and “Classiadspro” which is our most recommended and latest one.
You need to go in “Classiadspro” and it has the following folders:
The theme zip file that you need to upload into your WordPress themes directory
The child theme zip file you need to upload into your WordPress themes directory “optional” for only when you want to have some custom work. so that you won’t change in the main theme. In this case, you’ll not lose your customization when you update the theme.
The classiadspro can be installed in three different ways:
- Installing through WordPress
- Uploading through FTP (File transfer protocol)
- Uploading through C-panel
Installation through WordPress:
Installing a theme through WordPress is quite a simple process. After you have logged into WordPress account and are ready to go, in the admin panel’s sidebar navigate to appearance and then select themes. After that, click on the upload theme button then click “choose file” button and locate your theme zip file (classiadspro.zip) then hit install now. After The classiadspro has been installed locate and click activate.
Please be informed that you should not upload the whole package you have downloaded from ThemeForest as you will get an error of missing classiadspro stylesheet file. Instead, locate the classiadspro.zip file inside the main file you have downloaded.
While installing your theme through WordPress admin, you may encounter an error message saying “are sure you want to do this?”. This is mainly due to your hosting PHP settings. The classiadspro theme zip file is roughly around 5mb and in some hosting the default value for max_upload_limit left default which is 2mb. To solve this problem you should either increase your maximum upload size (to 20mb) on your hosting admin panel or ask your host to do it for you if you do not have the privilege to alter your server PHP settings. This is a very common request and they should be able to help you out. Once the limit is increased you can re-try the install and you’ll be all good to go.
Installation Through FTP
- Download the Theme archive and extract the main theme zip file it contains (classiadspro.zip).
- You may need to preserve the directory structure in the archive when extracting these files. Some software like “winrar” create a sub directory with the same directory name they have unzipped. uploading theme to your server via FTP with this structure is WRONG and you will face some errors.
- Use an FTP client (for example FileZilla) to access your host web server
- Transfer your unzipped theme to your server in the WP-content/themes
- Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your uploaded theme.
Installation through C-panel
You have to login your c-panel then go to file manager > domain directory > usually would be (public_html) > wp-content > themes > upload classiadspro.zip here > unzip classiadspro.zip
classiadspro Plugins Installation
There are some required and recommended plugins for classiadspro
- Select all plugins by clicking on checkbox then from the top drop down menu select install and hit apply. please wait for completion of installation process.
- after the installation process completed select all plugins again and from bulk, action drop down select activate and wait for the success message.
- Then select all plugins again and select activate from the drop down menu and hit apply
- you can also update all premium plugins from appearance -> install plugins whenever update is available for any plugin
- If you found internal server error or execution time error on bulk install. please try to increase execution time in php.ini or contact with the host.
You can also install plugins one by one:
- Go to Appearance -> Install Plugins
- Hover your mouse over the plugin one by one and click install.
- Find the desired plugin and hit activate
Importing Demo Content
With the introduction of The classiadspro version 5.3 or above you can easily import demo content. Follow the step by step guide:
- classiadspro demo installation work with Classiads Templates By Designinvento Plugin, please make sure you have installed our provided one which you can locate in appearance > install plugins or while you activated the theme automatically you redirect to our provided plugins. Install and activate this plugin.
STEP 1 – Go to WordPress admin -> Classiads Templates
STEP 2 – Hover on any desire one demo template It will show an install button.
STEP 3 – Click on the install button, It will show two buttons. Cancel and Confirm. click confirm.
STEP 4 – After confirming it will ask you for cancel or import. click import.
Your demo will start importing. wait for to complete it 100%.
STEP 5 – When it will 100% completed it will ask to proceed.
It will take a few moments to overwrite your website, database, media etc. then its done.
Your demo is done. 🙂
Installation may take some time depending on your Internet speed and server.
After installation of the demo. your wp-admin default login will be changed to Bellow credentials:
User – designinvento
Pass – designinvento
There is no more step your demo site is already installed, Have a fun.
Please follow the Article to see how you can change your user name & Password
Watch the video tutorial for complete theme, plugins and demo installations